Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two Foscari

I got student tickets for Two Foscari, and was sitting in the founders balcony, fourth row for only $25!! Score!  I liked this one too even though it was dark for dramatic.  The female lead soprano was absolutely amazing.  I thought Placido Domingo would be more spectacular, but man, can he control his breathe!!  He didn't take a breath for a long time!  The production, scenery, costumes were much more elaborate for this one than for Don Giovanni.  I think having supertitles really helps with enjoying opera; sitting there for three hours without knowing what their saying would be rather tiresome.  I definitely want to try to get student tickets for other operas too. I'de never been to an opera until yesterday and now I've been to two in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment