Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little J is a little outta her league

I was flipping through channels tonight and came across an old Gossip Girl episode (really old, I mean when Dan and Serena were together...for the first time kind of old).  It was the episode where Jenny steals a Valentino and trades it for a cheaper dress and the gloves come completely off in the Jenny-Blair cat fight part I.  So, watching that episode led me to Googling Taylor Momsen, the actress who played Jenny.  My, my, how Little J has blossomed...into a cheap imitation of a cross between Patti Smith and Country Love!  Her act was so awful I stopped after one YouTube music video and went back to writing my dissertation.  That's right, Taylor Momsen's wannabe act made me go back to my dissertation.  I understand she wants to be seen as a rebellious punk rocker and all.  But seriously!  If you want people to think you don't give a "fuck", as evidenced by your blatant use of the word on MTV knowing full well it would be bleeped out and by your excessive gesticulating and hair flipping, which BTW only makes you seem nervous– the opposite effect you were hoping to achieve, show more confidence, believe your part, and be a little more original, girl!  Pet peeve: singers who use way too much electronic distortion for their vocals, like Momsen.  Courtney Love, although not the best singer in the world, is far better than what I've heard of Momsen for the simple fact that she is not addicted to computers for fixing her voice and instrumentation like is Momsen.  And Patti Smith is Patti Smith, 'nough said.  With both Love and Smith you can hear and feel their state of mind at the time.  Whereas Momsen's makes me think of Rosie...yes, two Jetsons references in one day, I guess I'm going to need to YouTube me some Jetsons before bed.  Sorry, Little J but everyone knows there's only one Patti Smith and only one Courtney Love in this world.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment