Monday, September 24, 2012

Discovered! New species, called homo academicus

Oh boy, where to start!  I might need to re-visit my anthropological essay on the strange species, known as academics.  I observed so much today while I was amongst these strange creatures,  I need to add it all to my essay.  Most hysterical of the day, in an effort to save money on food costs, ASS #1 decided to buy food for 27 people from Trader Joe's and Farmers Market...even buying exotic fruits, like dragon fruit.  Breakfast, snacks, and lunch for two days could have cost only $31 per person for two days if ASS #1 had gone with a catering service instead, it's costing closer to $100 and dinner is an additional $48/person.  Not to mention all the time ASS #1 put into shopping for the food and preparing it as well as the another graduate student and I spent setting things up.  Oh, and since ASS #1 is a perfectionist they also had to micromanage everything that was being set-up, so that was also distracting and an inefficient use of time, money, and emotional and mental energy on their part.  Also, annoying as hell for the other graduate student and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment