Saturday, August 24, 2013

This fever called living

The past few days I've been meeting up with friends.  I've. Been. Meeting. Up. With. Friends.

I've been doing normal people stuff, exercising, seeing friends, watching TV, organizing my room.  You know, living!  I feel like for the first time in 5 years I can finally breath.  I can be myself again.  I can rediscover myself.  So much of myself was tied up with the PhD program.  But now it finally feels over.  I've paid my dues and now I can enjoy myself.  There are so many things I want to do with this new life I have.  Obviously there are the big things, like buy a house, travel more, etc.  But I want to make lifestyle changes too.  I want to cook more, lunches and dinners as well as yogurt, bread, soups, stock, dumplings, pizza, cheese, butter, kombucha.  I want to have potlucks again or brunches at my places.  I want to go to happy hours or dinner.  I want to see more friends more often, not see the same three or four all the time.  I want to spend more time with my pets.  I want to read my Kindle in the park.  Oh!  And learn lawn bowling!  Oh!  And go bowling!  Exercise, not just more, but more thoughtfully, with more of a plan.  I also want to make a meal plan.  I want to go back to being a 5-day vegetarian.  I want to focus more on fashion and developing a professional style for myself.  I want to go to performances (opera, plays, musicals, spoken word, music, cultural events).  I want to take weekend trips to nearby vacation getaways.  I want to finish organizing my papers and electronic life.  I want to practice poi again and languages again.  Follow my podcasts.  Keep up with the news.  Be more arts and crafty.  Read more literature.  Play more video games.  I want to continue being happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment