Saturday, August 31, 2013

Hell on Wheels 3.4

Spoiler for Hell on Wheels 3.4

I'm not entirely sure if Durant is really that much of an asshole to pay to have Eva's baby kidnapped or if those two vagrants just did it on their own.  I feel like the episode didn't really explain that.  Also, did Elam ever get his 20 gold coins from Durant for find "his" baby?  And what the hell was up with the Lion King lifting the baby up to the sky scene??

I really enjoyed the frank conversation that Bohannon and Elam had with each other regarding the baby and how it's not really Elam's and will only bring him trouble.  And as usually the actress that plays Eva, Robin McLevy, gave a great performance!  I especially liked her scene in the river with Ruth and Ruth's confession about her affair with Joseph and her subsequent pregnancy and miscarriage.  I felt for once Ruth's sad desperate eyes were actually justified.

I did not like Anderson/Mr. Swede, though I did like the last scene with his grim narration/foreshadowing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment