Sunday, August 18, 2013

Organizing papers

I have an organization dilemma.  I have paper files from my K-12, undergrad, master, and PhD that I want to keep.  Currently K-masters are in one portable file box (in the closet) and PhD is another portable file box (under the bed and close at hand).  Right now the PhD papers are too many to put in anything else, but I plan on purging those in the next few months when all the paper work with my degree is over, though I don't know how much I'll actually be able to throw away.  I'm not sure if it's best to keep everything in portable files or if it's best to keep everything in four (K-12, undergrad, masters, and PhD) stackable document box and put those in the closet where the portable file currently is.  I might possibly need two document boxes for my PhD.  Oh, and each document box hold one ream of paper (500 pages), image below.  I'm not sure which would save the most space.  And I'm not sure what to do with awards and certificates, currently they are in the same portable file as my K-masters stuff.  Should they stay with their respective years?  Should they go in a binder in plastic sheet protectors?  Should I frame some of them?  I've never really cared about getting awards or hanging up my diplomas.  My bachelors and masters diplomas are under my bed.  Help!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment