Monday, September 23, 2013

Sleepy Hollow



I watched the first two episodes of Sleepy Hollow today.  Briefly, the show takes place in the present day.  Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horsemen were both asleep since the Revolutionary War and woke up in our time.  Ichabod must stop the Headless Horseman, aka Death, one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, before he and his brothers bring about the end of times.  In the process Ichabod and Abbey, a present day lieutenant in the Sleepy Hollow Sheriff  Department, must stop a slew of other witchy and supernatural creatures from fulfilling their role in the prophecy of the Apocalypse.

So far the series is exciting and entertaining.  It's a pleasant mix of horror, mystery, the supernatural, and comic relief.  It reminds me of Supernatural, though I'm not sure it has Supernatural's staying power.  Honestly, I was hoping the show would suck so that I wouldn't need to add yet another show to my list of Fall shows, *sigh* but I, somewhat begrudgingly and somewhat excitedly, add it to my ever expanding list of shows.  I'm going to have to go back decide which ones I want to stream weekly and which ones I want to stream at the end of the season or during mid-season break.

No comments:

Post a Comment