Saturday, October 5, 2013

Do you ask why a duck quacks?...

Then why ask why a bitch is bitchy.  It's good know who your friends are who your frenemies are.  Here are some more texts from my best frenemy.


Set-up: If you've read my recent post, you know I'm trying to be raw for a month, or as long as I can :)

Text 1:
Frenemy: Hey what are you up to today for lunch?

Me: Don't know. I just woke up. NAME is supposed to come over and we're supposed to eat together. But we didn't say if it would be lunch or dinner. I'm so confused as to whether or not I'm still raw. In my dream I ate a sandwich, a breakfast croissant, a rice bowl w meat, and a cake. Everytime that would happen I would wake up in my dream and say it was only a dream, I'm still raw but I wouldn't wake up in real life lol

Frenemy: That's funny! Oh ok I was gonna see if you felt like olive garden salad.

Me: No!!!!! That's way too tempting w the smell of the bread sticks. I'm not made of steel!
Also, I wouldn't be able to have croutons or cheese and I'm not sure if the individual parts of the dressing are raw or not.

Frenemy: Yeah that's a crappy thing to do..that's why diet chabges should be personal and not strict to anyone else's rules...

Me: This a challenge more than a change. I would never be 100% raw for long term.

Frenemy: You don't have to order bread sticks dear. Also, its fine to allow yourself one or two thibgs every once in a while,  especially at first, if you did want breadsticks.

Me:I'd have to get a whole new set of friends to hang out w. Eating such a big part of human socializing. I know I don't have to eat the breadsticks but the smell would still be tempting. Why torture myself like that. And since I'm doing this as a cleanse it wouldn't be a good idea to eat their unhealthy breadsticks. Simple starches would be better. Like brown rice or baked potato.

Frenemy: Yeah I figured you wouldbt have tge croutons or cheese. But the dressing parts..I dunno, that's too nit picky for just tryibg to be raw healthy for a month in my opinion. Plus its a vinegarette, usually pretty uncooked for the big ingredients.  Ok I may head that way for lunch, If I decide to head to the PLACE shoppibg area

Me: Ok. Eat extra for me :)

Frenemy: I will if i go :-)

Frenemy: Here's a suggestion though...instead of worrying about every individual little part of a small ingredient , worry about not eating the bigger (large picture and the bigger ingredients) cooked thing and don't cook anything yourself...or don't cook on high enough temperature. For example in a situation similar to this, don't eat breadsticks but if its a vinegarette, which isn't cooked in terms of the main ingredients,  then it should be fine. If you break it down so  very much and precisely, then you're not really focusing on a healthy cleanse for yourself but more as a challenge to just being perfectly accurate. Also usually people who really do that to that extreme either have an ethical or deeply allergic issue first and foremost.   Anyway that's my two cents, as someone with some personal experience in these types of things. I can now rest peacefully knowing that I said it. :-)

Note: BTW, this frenemy has never tried to be raw and this frenemy's idea of being vegetarian was eating seafood, McDonald's fish sandwiches, and few vegetables and fruits, mostly starches, dairy, and fried foods.


Text 2:
Frenemy: Id like to take this time and be a bitch and let you know that I'm orderibg from PLACE :-P

Me: My cravings have actually been completely gone for a few days now.

Frenemy:  Oh good ! I'm noy getting DISH anyway, just sandwiches

Me: Oh well then, that makes your attempt at trying to make me have cravings seem less bitchy :)

Frenemy: Although...mmmmmmm sandwiches and ssssttttewww

Note: Once again this frenemy proved my point about how I would need to get a whole new set of friends if I wanted to be raw long-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment